Travel within New Zealand
You currently do not need proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test to fly domestically within New Zealand.
We no longer require passengers or staff to wear face masks on domestic flights. You are, of course, welcome to wear a mask when you travel with us, and we will continue to provide masks at our boarding gates.
International travel requirements are different. Find out how to prepare for international travel.
Key things to do for travel within New Zealand
- Before you book and before you fly, check our travel alerts page for the most up-to-date information and whether your travel is impacted by current events.
- Make arrangements for isolation in case you need to safely self-isolate, or somewhere to stay if your plans change.
- If you no longer wish to travel, you can choose to cancel or change your flight depending on the fare type you purchased.
- To reduce physical contact, we recommend checking in online or in the Air NZ app. Online check-in is available 24 hours before the departure of your flight.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or have tested positive for COVID-19 and are required to isolate, please reconsider your travel plans.
Keeping you safe while travelling
High touch surfaces are cleaned regularly, and we take extra steps to ensure all our aircraft, lounges and airports are frequently cleaned. Hand sanitiser is readily available, and we continue to provide spare disposable masks at the boarding gate for those who wish to use them.